Patients identified at high cardiovascular risk
North South North West Statewide
All referrals should comply to referral standards and include in particular:
- Relevant history including family history
- Any reports of suspected cardiac symptoms e.g. atypical chest pain, including outcomes of any related investigations
- Reason for referral
- Risk factor profile especially smoking
- Current and previous medications
- Co-morbidities especially those that may impact on capacity to exercise
- Any other relevant information
- Lipid profile – may be random
- Fasting BGL, HbA1c (if relevant)
- ECG if available
To refer a patient with this condition, please see the Cardiac Rehabilitation, Secondary Prevention clinic page for the full referral process and templates.
Information regarding any practice nurse education support provided.
Direct link to Health Pathways to Cardiac Rehabilitation page
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.
Acute cardiac failure
Urgent / category 1
NYHA 111, 1V
Semi-urgent / category 2
- Change in NYHA 1, 11 to more severe classification
Red flags are clinical indicators of possible serious underlying conditions requiring further medical intervention. They may or may not indicate an emergency.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED).
LGH ED Reception – Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6777 5201
MCH ED* – Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED* – Phone: (03) 6493 6351 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED Reception – Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
Advice for medical practitioners can be given by the Medical Officer In Charge (MOIC) - see HealthPathways Tasmania for contact information.
*MCH and NWRH MOICs request GPs call them prior to referring a patient to ensure the patient is being sent appropriately to a safe destination.
Urgent referrals should be accompanied by a phone call to the Consultant/Registrar to organise urgent review and the referral must be faxed.
We will endeavour to see these patients within four weeks, or sooner if clinically indicated.
We will endeavour to see these patients within 12 weeks
Next available appointment