Sexual Health Service Tasmania
For the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of sexually transmissible infections (STIs), sexual functioning, and conditions impacting upon sexuality. The service includes a multidisciplinary transgender service.
North South North West Statewide
The Sexual Health Service provides people with the opportunity to enhance their sexual health and well being and is staffed by doctors, nurses, counsellor, psychologists and administrative officers.
Our services relate to:
- sexual health checks
- STIs diagnosis and treatment
- HIV care
- Hepatitis C management and treatment
- management of vulval discomfort and pain
- brief psychological assessment and treatment
- genital dermatology
- counselling and information around sexuality, sexual function and safe sex
- gender identity
- low cost vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B
- safer sex supplies can be purchased
- provides expert advice to clinicians on the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of sexually transmissible infections (STIs), sexual functioning, and conditions impacting upon sexuality.
We are committed to ensuring people are well informed and offer assistance with many aspects of gender enquiry and transition. We can also refer to other support services if required.
We provide information in writing, over the telephone and in person.
To contact the clinic see “clinic details” to the right on this page.
Clients who self-refer can make an appointment by calling either clinics.
Referral not essential, but if possible, please fax to the appropriate clinic.
A number of appointments may be required and linkage with a GP is recommended.
At the time of consultation, test requirements will be identified.
For emergencies outside of Sexual Health Service business contact your local Emergency Department.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED). Please contact ED Medical Officer in Charge:
LGH ED - Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6777 5201
MCH ED - Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED - Phone: (03) 6493 6340 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED - Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
Routine / category 3
Next available appointment
For use by health professionals only
For doctors the following websites may be of benefit:
- Transgender Services - Statewide Sexual Health Service (for people from 15 years to adults)
- Tasmanian Gender Service (for children and young people up to 18 years) (gender dysphoria / gender diversity)
- Melbourne Sexual Health Centre