From April – August 2022, the Department will contact patients waiting for an outpatient clinic appointment via SMS, with a link to an electronic form. This forms part of a routine audit to ensure patient details are up to date. If you receive this SMS, please update your details.
North South North West Statewide
All referrals should comply to referral standards and include in particular:
- For stress incontinence issues consider referring to the Urology or Gynaecology clinics
- For irritative symptoms refer to the Urology Clinic
- Mixed urge/stress incontinence then either Urology or Gynaecology is appropriate
- Also provide obstetric and gynaecological history and PVE findings
- USS urinary tract
- Bladder/voiding diary
To refer a patient with this condition, please see the Urology clinic page for the full referral process and templates.
Address issues of UTI, oestrogen deficiency and poor pelvic floor function.
- Referral to Physiotherapy for pelvic floor exercise training
- Referral to Gynaecology Clinic
- Referral to Community Continence Services
- Use of antimuscarinic receptor drugs such as Ditropan
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.
Red flags are clinical indicators of possible serious underlying conditions requiring further medical intervention. They may or may not indicate an emergency.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED).
LGH ED Reception – Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6777 5201
MCH ED* – Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED* – Phone: (03) 6493 6351 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED Reception – Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
Advice for medical practitioners can be given by the Medical Officer In Charge (MOIC) - see HealthPathways Tasmania for contact information.
*MCH and NWRH MOICs request GPs call them prior to referring a patient to ensure the patient is being sent appropriately to a safe destination.
Urgent referrals should be accompanied by a phone call to the Consultant/Registrar to organise urgent review and the referral must be faxed.
We will endeavour to see these patients within four weeks, or sooner if clinically indicated.
We will endeavour to see these patients within 12 weeks
Next available appointment